Next week will be a busy week, with a significant portion of the Windows Autopilot program management team attending. There are a few Windows Autopilot sessions planned. First let me plug the sessions that I’ll be presenting in:
- Modern Windows 10 and Office 365 deployment with Windows Autopilot, Desktop Analytics, Microsoft Intune, and Configuration Manager. Thursday, 10:15-11:00pm. I will present for 10 minutes or so in this session, giving a short overview of Windows Autopilot as part of the broader discussion of the tools listed in the title.
- Windows Autopilot: What’s new, what’s coming, and tips for a smooth rollout. Tuesday, 11:30-12:15. In this session, I will cover all the Windows Autopilot scenarios, new features planned for the coming months, and our view of future focus areas for Windows Autopilot. (And I really hope to get through all of that in 45 minutes. Several user groups got a preview of this last week, as I was practicing on them – and generally going longer than 45 minutes. Maybe I’ll just talk faster.)
- Windows Autopilot: White glove pre-provisioning. Wednesday, 1:50-2:10pm. This is a 20-minute theater session on just Windows Autopilot white glove. I’ll be doing a live demo of the white glove technician-driven process and companion app. (The theater areas are designed for an audience of about 100, yet there are 700+ people signed up for the session. Obviously that’s not going to work well. So show up early or watch the session via streaming.)
- Ask the experts: Modern deployment and device management. Thursday, 4:00-5:15pm. This is always a fun session. Come ask all the questions you want about Windows deployment and management.
There will also be two interactive sessions (I will likely be at them for part of the time for each) for roundtable discussions on Windows Autopilot and related topics. (I expect there to be a number of discussions held simultaneously, so you can bounce around to different tables.) If you are presently using Windows Autopilot and want to provide feedback on your experiences to the team that will be attending, please sign up for these small sessions:
- Deployment and management of Microsoft 365 workloads and devices: Roundtable topics. Tuesday, 10:45-12:00.
- Deployment and management of Microsoft 365 workloads and devices: Roundtable topics (Repeat). Thursday, 9:00-10:15.
Seats are limited for these, and they haven’t yet filled up, so you might want to hurry on these.
There are also a few other sessions that I would recommend:
- What’s new in Microsoft Intune and Configuration Manager, including Desktop Analytics and Windows Autopilot (Part 1 of 2). Tuesday, 9:00-9:45.
- What’s new in Microsoft Intune and Configuration Manager, including Desktop Analytics and Windows Autopilot (Part 2 of 2). Tuesday, 10:15-11:00. These two sessions will cover everything new in all the products listed. Our Autopilot-specific session (listed above) is right after this one, so these would be a good warm-up.
- Surface Autopilot: The easiest deployment for today’s mobile workforce. Monday, 4:00-4:20pm. See how the Windows Autopilot process works when combined with Surface devices and tools.
- Managing Surface UEFI BIOS settings with Microsoft Intune. Wednesday, 2:00-2:45pm. This is the next step in the modern deployment scenario: configuring the device firmware. Learn more about the Device Firmware Configuration Interface (DFCI).
- Supercharge PC and mobile device management: Attach Configuration Manager to Microsoft Intune and the Microsoft 365 cloud. Thursday, 12:45-1:30pm. ConfigMgr, Intune, and maybe even some Autopilot mixed in.
- Transforming update management with cloud controls. Wednesday, 11:30-12:15pm. My teaser for this one: Want control over Windows updates without using WSUS? Come learn how.
- Why Microsoft 365 device management is essential to your zero-trust strategy. Thursday, 2:00-2:45pm. If you don’t know what “zero-trust” means, or if you want to understand how Intune, Autopilot, and others fit into it, I highly recommend this session.
- Keep it simple: Microsoft 365 device and app management. Tuesday, 11:30-11:50. Learn about new features like policy sets and guided scenarios. And if you haven’t yet used https://devicemanagement.microsoft.com, see what it’s about.
- Streamlined deployment of specialized devices. Thursday, 11:30-11:50. Learn how to deploy digital signs and kiosks using Intune.
- Stay current while minimizing network traffic: The power of Delivery Optimization. Tuesday, 2:00-2:45pm. The latest on Delivery Optimization, a key component for optimizing the downloading of cloud content.
Almost all of these sessions will be streamed live as well as recorded for later viewing, so if you aren’t attending in person you can still watch the presentations. If you are attending, hopefully I’ll see you there.